When it’s time to replace your old, inefficient furnace, one of the first questions you probably have is “Where can I buy a new gas furnace?” With so many options, it can be overwhelming trying to determine the best place to purchase your new heating system. Here’s a comprehensive guide to buying a gas furnace so you can make an informed decision.
Why Choose a Gas Furnace?
Gas furnaces have remained a top choice among homeowners for heating their homes, and for good reason. Let’s take a closer look at some of the main benefits gas furnaces offer compared to other heating systems:
Lower Operating Costs
One of the primary advantages of gas furnaces is that they are generally more economical to operate on a day-to-day basis. Natural gas prices have remained relatively stable over the years, especially compared to swings in electricity rates. This allows gas furnaces to provide heat at a lower cost per BTU than electric heating alternatives. Your monthly energy bills for heating your home will likely be lower with a high-efficiency gas furnace.
Higher Efficiency Ratings
The evolution of technology has allowed modern gas furnaces to become increasingly more efficient. Top-end gas furnaces now offer AFUE ratings of 95% or higher. This means up to 95% of the fuel used is converted into heat for your home. Older furnaces often had AFUE ratings of only 80% or less. The dramatically higher efficiency of newer gas furnaces translates into lower monthly utility bills and greater energy savings over time.
Gas furnaces are designed to provide a steady, uninterrupted flow of warm air to maintain more consistent temperatures throughout your home. The heating performance of a gas furnace is less prone to fluctuating compared to heat pumps and electric heating. You can rely on your gas furnace to keep pace with heating needs and provide comfortable warmth even when the mercury plunges on cold winter days. This steady comfort is appreciated by many homeowners.
Enhanced Safety Features
Modern gas furnaces are engineered with a variety of sensors and safety mechanisms to prevent issues like leaks, carbon monoxide, and overheating. When installed properly by professionals, gas furnaces offer very safe operation. Routine maintenance helps ensure all systems are functioning safely for peace of mind.
Increased Resale Value
Investing in a new, high-efficiency gas furnace can pay dividends later when you go to sell your home. The upgraded heating system shows buyers you have taken care of updates and helps make the home more attractive on the market. Homebuyers recognize the benefits of a newer gas furnace as an asset that adds value.
With their combination of lower operating costs, improved efficiency, reliable comfort, safety, and added resale value, it’s easy to see why high-quality gas furnaces remain sought-after by homeowners looking to heat their homes.
Signs You May Need a New Gas Furnace
If your current gas furnace is over 15 years old or showing any of the following signs, it may be time to replace it:
- Noisy Operation – Clanking, grinding or buzzing noises when running
- Not Keeping Up – Can’t maintain a comfortable temperature on cold days
- Spikes in Energy Bills – Notice a major increase in heating costs
- Repairs Needed Frequently – The system requires frequent maintenance and repairs
- Past Expected Lifespan – The furnace was made to last 10-15 years
Buying Tip: Work with a qualified local HVAC company that will properly size your new gas furnace based on the size of your home. An oversized or undersized furnace will not operate efficiently.
The Importance of Professional Installation
While you can purchase a new gas furnace from many retailers, it’s highly recommended to have it installed by qualified HVAC professionals. Improper installation can lead to the following issues:
- Gas Leaks – Dangerous gas leaks can occur from incorrect gas line connections.
- Improper Venting – Faulty venting can allow carbon monoxide into the home.
- Combustion Issues – Bad combustion can create soot, carbon monoxide, and other hazards.
- No Testing – Failure to test proper operation after install may miss problems.
- Voided Warranty – DIY installs can void the furnace manufacturer’s warranty.
HVAC technicians have the training, skills, and equipment for safe furnace installation. They can also properly size ductwork, gas lines, vents and other components. Simply put, professional installation is strongly advised when buying a new gas furnace.
Tips for Buying a New Furnace
When you’re in the market for a new gas furnace, keep these tips for new furnace purchases in mind:
- Consider professional installation – Today’s furnaces are complex, and warranties often require certified installation. Work with a company like Logan that handles everything from purchase to expert installation.
- Understand your options – Meet with an HVAC company to review different brands, efficiency levels, and features to make the best choice. Logan offers many options to suit your needs.
- Look for proper sizing – Furnaces that are too big or too small waste energy. Logan will size your furnace properly based on your home’s square footage.
- Ask about incentives – Many utilities offer rebates on high-efficiency furnaces, like furnace purchase tax benefits and financing incentives. The team at Logan can advise you on any savings.
- Plan for the long term – A new efficient furnace can last 15-20 years. Consider enhanced warranties from companies like Logan to protect your investment.
- Schedule annual maintenance – Keep your furnace running smoothly with yearly tune-ups from the professionals at Logan A/C & Heat Services.
Here is a new section answering when is the best time to buy a new furnace:
Where to Buy a Gas Furnace
One of the easiest options for buying a new gas furnace is to purchase directly from Logan A/C and Heat Services. As a full-service heating and cooling contractor, we provide a one-stop solution for all your needs.
When you buy from Logan, you get:
- Access to top brands like Trane, Carrier, Lennox and more
- Assistance selecting the properly sized furnace for your home
- Guaranteed availability of the units we sell
- Complete installation from our highly trained technicians
- All permits and inspections arranged for you
- Testing and adjustment after installation
- Options for extended warranties and maintenance plans
We carry a wide range of gas furnace options to suit any budget. Our team will help you choose which features and efficiency ratings make sense for your goals. There’s no pressure and we focus on your needs.
The bottom line is that purchasing your new gas furnace directly from Logan streamlines the entire process. Let us handle everything from sale to expert installation to ongoing service. We reduce the hassle so you can focus on the comfort.
Contact Logan A/C and Heat Services today to learn more about buying your next gas furnace with us. We serve Dayton, Columbus, Cincinnati and nearby cities. Our team is ready to help!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are gas furnaces being phased out?
There is a growing trend toward more efficient electric heat pump systems over gas furnaces due to climate change concerns. The transition will take time but the long-term outlook is phasing out gas.
What is the life expectancy of a gas furnace?
On average, a gas furnace will last 15-20 years with proper maintenance and care. High-efficiency models maintained well may last up to 25 years.
Should I replace my 20-year-old gas furnace?
At 20 years old, your gas furnace is nearing the end of its lifespan and likely less efficient. Replacing it with a new, energy-efficient model can save on utilities and provide better comfort and reliability.