Introduction to Rheem
Rheem Manufacturing Company was founded in 1925 in Emeryville, California. The company initially produced steel shipping containers but soon expanded into manufacturing water heaters and other home appliances. In 1956, Rheem introduced the Rheemaire central air conditioning and heating system, which became one of the company’s most popular products.
Rheem continued to grow and expand in the years that followed. 1970 the company began producing heat pumps, and in 1983, it introduced the Richmond Water Heaters brand. Rheem also acquired several other companies, including Ruud Manufacturing Company in 1959 and Raypak, Inc. in 1985.
Today, Rheem is one of North America’s largest electric water heaters and HVAC manufacturers. Rheem AC units are available in a variety of sizes and styles to meet the needs of different homes and businesses.
What Types of Air Conditioners Does Rheem Make?
Rheem offers a wide range of AC units to meet the needs of different homes and businesses. Here are the types of AC units that Rheem makes:
- Central air conditioners: These are the most common type of AC unit. The condenser unit sits outside and the air handling equipment is installed in the attic, basement, crawlspace, or utility closet of a home and distribute cool air throughout the home through ductwork.
- Mini-split systems are a type of ductless AC unit comprising two or more units: an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units. They are a popular option for homes with limited ductwork or for homes that need to be cooled in multiple rooms. This system does not require ductwork. Instead, the cool air is distributed through a network of vents.
- Heat pump systems: Unlike an air conditioner, a heat pump offers both cooling and heating an can be paired with an electric air handler or gas furnace.
Rheem also offers a variety of other AC units, commercial AC units and commercial heat pumps. The best type of AC unit for you will depend on your individual needs and budget. If you are unsure which type of AC unit is right for you, consulting with a qualified HVAC contractor is a good idea.
What Factors to Consider When Shopping for an AC:
Here are some of the factors you should consider when choosing a new AC unit:
- Size: The size of the AC unit may depend on the size of your home or business. A professional HVAC installer will calculate the square footage of the space you need to cool and then choose an AC unit that is rated for that size.
- BTU rating & Tonnage: The specific BTU and Tonnage measure the cooling capacity of an AC unit. The higher the number, the more powerful the AC unit will be. You will need to choose an AC unit with a BTU rating and Ton size that is appropriate for the size of your home or business.
- Energy efficiency: Energy-efficient AC units will save you money on your energy bills. Look for an AC unit with an Energy Star label.
- Features: Some AC units come with additional features, such as programmable thermostats, Wi-Fi connectivity, and enhanced air filtration. Choose the features that are important to you.
- Budget: AC units can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. It is important to set a budget before you start shopping.
- Brand: There are many different brands of AC units on the market. Some of the most popular brands include Trane, Lennox, and Rheem. Choose a brand that you trust paired with a reputable HVAC installer.
Once you have considered all of these factors, you will be able to choose the best AC unit for your needs.
Why Installation Matters More Than the Brand:
Good installation is just as important, if not more than the AC unit you choose because a properly installed air conditioning system significantly impacts its overall performance, efficiency, and longevity.
Here’s why good installation is crucial:
- Ensuring Comfort: Proper installation ensures that your air conditioning system operates efficiently, maintaining the desired indoor comfort levels . An accurately sized and well-positioned unit can distribute cooled air evenly throughout your living spaces, preventing hot spots and ensuring consistent comfort.
- Optimal Equipment Performance: A professional installation ensures that your AC unit operates according to the manufacturer’s specifications . When the system is set up correctly, it can achieve its maximum cooling capacity and energy efficiency, lowering utility bills.
- Long-Term Savings: Proper installation reduces ongoing service costs and extends the life of your air conditioning unit . By avoiding installation errors and ensuring all components work harmoniously, you can prevent costly breakdowns and repairs in the future.
- Noise Reduction: A professionally installed air conditioner creates less noise when running . Properly placed and well-maintained units operate more quietly, contributing to a peaceful and comfortable living environment.
- And More
The Logan Difference:
Logan is a family-owned and operated business prioritizing customer satisfaction and high-quality installations. We use only the highest quality materials and products, and our team of experienced and knowledgeable installers undergo rigorous training to ensure they provide the best service possible. We value and understand the importance of efficient communication, so we ensure all the necessary parts are on hand before heading out to a job site to avoid any delays or frustrations. Not only this, but our installers follow a comprehensive checklist that is signed off by our experienced install managers, guaranteeing that every detail is taken care of. Before leaving, our install managers conduct a thorough walkthrough with the customer, explaining how to set up the product and troubleshooting potential issues. We are also committed to customer satisfaction and are always available to answer your questions and help you with your needs.