How It's Made: Trane Air Conditioner
Ever wonder how an air conditioner is made? Check out this short video, and learn about the main components that make up a high-quality Trane A/C unit.
Here are some highlights from the clip:
- Unlike some manufacturers, Trane uses entirely aluminum coils, which are 5 times more corrosion-resistant than coils made of copper and aluminum.
- The compressor, which attaches to a weather-resistant base, is covered with a sound-reducer. This helps make the operating unit very quiet.
- The walls of the unit are made of a zinc-coated steel for maximum durability.
- The plastic grill on top of the unit is designed to keep debris from falling inside.
- All models are weather-tested for performance in extreme heat, cold, rain, and snow.
DID YOU KNOW? Most Trane products are assembled in the USA! They have manufacturing facilities that assemble central air conditioners and heat pumps in Texas, New Jersey, Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, and Missouri. Even more local, some of the compressors used in Trane A/C's are made in Sidney, Ohio!
Interested in learning more about a new air conditioner for your home?
Was This Helpful? Share With A Friend!